If you are thinking about doing your first jump, you might still be hesitant and even wonder how to go about it. This Post includes tips and step by step instructions, answering key questions which will help you feel at ease so you can jump into this experience with confidence.
We, from iJump want you to feel safe during your entire tandem skydive experience so you have nothing to worry about but having the best time of your life!
If you are keen to learn more about the world of skydiving, visit our blog in which we regularly publish new articles with fun facts, tips and lots of interesting information.
Let’s dive into today’s topic! Read on to discover the key points on how to go skydiving…
Safety is fundamental
As we all know, skydiving is an extreme sport which involves obvious risks. We jump out of an aircraft at a certain height, free falling until we open a parachute which allows us to land softly.
To not only have a soft but also a very safe landing we control the direction and speed of the flight with the parachute steering lines.
It is important to consider certain safety measures and conditions to avoid any problems:
- Weather conditions must be suitable. Keep in mind that if the weather is not favourable, it is likely that the jump will have to be cancelled and postponed to another date.
- Make sure you don’t have any health conditions that would put you at risk when skydiving.
- Instructors do a thorough equipment check before each jump.
- Skydiving under the influence of alcohol or any other substance is forbidden.
- It is important to listen to your instructor and follow their instructions at all times.
Recommendations for your first tandem skydive
Now that you know some of the main safety precautions to take into account when skydiving, here is a step-by-step checklist on how to go skydiving for the first time.
Take note of these tips so you can enjoy the experience to the fullest:
- Contact us to book your skydive  and organise the date you would like to jump.
- Don’t be afraid to ask all the questions you have about your skydive.
- We recommend to wear comfortable clothes according to the weather.
- Be on time for your appointment.
- Pay attention to your instructor and follow his/her instructions carefully.
- On the ground, you will be fitted with a safety harness. Don’t worry about it feeling a little loose in the beginning, before exiting the plane your instructor will adjust the harness again.
- Once in the air, enjoy the feeling of freedom and the spectacular views.
- When you have landed, you will want to tell all your friends and family about the great experience you just had. To share your skydiving adventure with your loved ones, we recommend you to purchase the video and photo packages which capture your entire experience in hd.
Live an unforgettable experience with iJump
We hope you could get something useful out of this post, especially if it’s going to be your first jump.
Get in touch with us to book your unforgettable skydiving adventure. We also offer tandem skydives for special occasions: birthday jumps, bachelor/bachelorette jumps and marriage proposal jumps. Do you dare to take the plunge? We are excited to meet you!
This link goes to the Spanish booking calendar